Saturday, December 09, 2006

When DROPOUT isn’t a bad word (Boston article)

When DROPOUT isn’t a bad word: Some local teens are thriving by setting their own schedules and learning by doing
12/9/06
The Patriot Ledger

http://ledger.southofboston.com/articles/2006/12/09/news/news01.txt


It's one of the best I've seen for a while, even though it follows the pattern of quoting two experts who know nothing of unschooling.

Near the end there's a sentence that doesn't make any sense. I hope it was a file glitch, because it doesn't even have all its punctuation:

‘‘If I feel like I’m ready to spend $40,000 to talk and learn things, but I feel like first I need to do some more soul-searching.

Poor girl being misquoted, but lucky girl having a life rich enough to be in the newspaper. She wouldn't have had that if she'd stayed in school.

Sandra

No comments: