Saturday, September 06, 2008

World of Warcraft and Unschoolers


15 Minutes of Fame: Horde of Unschoolers
, and interview from January 2008, in WoW Insider. I'm sorry I didn't know about it sooner, but now it has 101 comments. Many of them are predictably lame and tacky, but the interview itself is very nicely done.

One of the quotes is:
Are unschoolers actually succeeding in college and later in life? According to Sarah Spooner, senior admission counselor at Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas, they most assuredly are. "These students are really well motivated, have done their homework and done their research," she affirms. "They're the type of students who excel when they get on a college campus because they can keep themselves in check and make sure they're doing well and succeeding."


I would like to have seen it sooner so I could say my unschooled son works at Blizzard Entertainment, but I can say it here.

No comments: