Sunday, May 03, 2009

Oh, Yeah, School. About That…

Oh, Yeah, School. About That…
May 3, 2009 by Mary Jessica Hammes

An article on homeschooling, with statistics, which turns toward unschooling, describes a few families, and has several paragraphs about Ren Allen and her family. Some of what Ren said:
“We started as very eclectic home schoolers and hit lots of bumps along the way, before finally realizing that when we went with the flow everything, well, flowed,” says Allen...
. . . .
"I don’t believe my husband and I would be as connected to our children’s joy, to their dreams and daily activities the same way if we hadn’t chosen unschooling."


(More by Ren Allen)

1 comment:

Tori said...

huh.... interesting. I wonder if I'll end up unschooling. It's an attractive theory, I just have hangups with it in myself. We are very eclectic already!